What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address(es) which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise your view of the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. No cookies used on the Neona Ltd. website store any personally identifiable information, or transfer information that could be considered sensitive. Due to this we have taken the de facto approach of your agreement for cookies to be used. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and said web application can then tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used or have been previously accessed. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies may also be used to retain your account and display preferences; for instance language, currency, stored shopping cart items and page views.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies; most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Choosing not to accept cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website, or completing transactions.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- By creating an account with us, you agree to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will also not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to the physical address stored on our Contact Us page.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, with the details listed above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
List of cookies we collect
Neona Ltd. utilises OpenCart to power the shopping cart that controls how you navigate and purchase from us. OpenCart is a free, Open Source code base that anyone may install and modify. Extensions and modifications to the original OpenCart code have been implemented to personalise the Neona Ltd. website.
OpenCart, and by extension Neona Ltd.’ implementation, uses very few cookies to operate, instead relying primarily on session data to store information about your visit on our servers, rather than on your hard drive or web browser. It is however inevitable that we employ some cookies in order to maintain the consistent operation and core functionality that you enjoy.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store:
|.ASPXANONYMOUS||This cookie is issued by ASP.NET and contains a unique ID to help recognise when an anonymous user attempts to log in. This cookie contains no personally identifiable information|
|PHPSESSID||This cookie is required to keep track of your information once you are logged in. It creates a unique identification number when you login, that can be queried by our website to display relevant information. This cookie contains no personally identifiable information, although it will temporarily relate to information stored on our servers. This unique identifier created by this cookie will expire (and therefore no longer relate to information stored on our servers) when you log out or the logged in account has remained inactive for a certain period of time. This cookie is required for core functionality of the website and should not be disabled if you intend to make an account or purchase from Neona Ltd.|
|currency||This cookie logs the currency that is being displayed. By default, all currency on Neona Ltd. is displayed as Great British Pounds Sterling (GBP or “£”). This cookie enables the real time conversion of values, and display of alternative currency symbols and text. This cookie contains no personally identifiable information|